Re: Moving exc-c14n forward: your response is needed!

From: Ari Kermaier <arik@phaos.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:14:57 -0400
To: reagle@w3.org, merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

>As mentioned in [1] and expected in [2] I'd like to move this document
>forward. If I request Proposed REC I might be able to make a case for
>advancement on the basis of [0], but the more documentation I have, the
>better. In particular I'd like to:
>1. Fill in the row for the "#default" token and adequate performance for
>the empty cells.

Yes: The Phaos implementation supports the "#default" token, and
performance appears, informally, to be at least as good for exc-c14n as for
c14n.

>2. Have a report that someone tested it (even informally) in some
>application context (e.g., SOAP) and it did what they needed it to do.

Not yet, sorry.

>3. Have someone else try Gregor's examples.

Yes: The Phaos implementation successfully verifies all of Gregor's
examples, as bundled in the 2nd version of Merlin's signature. (The 1st
version fails, as expected.)

Ari Kermaier    arik@phaos.com
Senior Software Engineer
Phaos Technology Corp.    http://www.phaos.com/