Re: New Version of XPath Filter

Yes, I have an example. Suppose we have following document:
    <a>
        <b>
            <c/>
            <d/>
        </b>
    </a>
If the XPath expression selects node "b" (nodes set S = { node "b" }
then the
current proposal  requires application to create new nodes set S' which
will include
nodes "b", "c" and "d". This is an additional step. I don't see any
reasons why the
author of XPath expression will not include these nodes him or herself.

Also this additional step limits the XPath filter functionality because
one can have
a requirement to operate with nodes set having *only* node "b" but not
nodes "c" and "d"

Aleksey.