Re: Additional test cases for Exclusive XML Canonicalization

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:47:32 -0500
To: "NACHIMUTHU,PALANIAPPAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <npal@hp.com>, "'Gregor Karlinger'" <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "'XMLSigWG'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
On Tuesday 02 April 2002 18:39, NACHIMUTHU,PALANIAPPAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
wrote:
> This is probably a newbie question. In the examples 2, 3 and 4 there's an
> additionalNSPrefixes value next to the xpath expression. Where shd this
> be used, and how? Is it supposed to be passed to the XPath evaluator? (I
> don't see an API to pass multiple namespace nodes in the Xalan XPath
> implementation...)

Not a newbie question as I asked the same question earlier for pyXML [1]!
<smile/> c14n.py has a means of taking additional prefixes, and I just
added an option for the xpath/test command line and test harness. However,
I'm still not sure how to pass the default ns to the python xml libraries
-- that' s something I need to dig more on. In terms of API for our own
(thtis WG's) tests, I'd prefer that the parameter be a string of white
space delimited series of prefix:values and '#default' be the key word, but
whomever sends the tests dictates their form. <smile/>

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2002-April/007527.html