Re: Alternative XPathFilter - a picture says more...

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:14:35 +0200
To: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hi Merlin,

I guess my mail did not make it to the list, so here it is again:

--On Donnerstag, 21. März 2002 00:05 +0100 Christian Geuer-Pollmann
<geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for the good explanation. In your example below, I do not understand
the 'Input: "/"' thing. The tree under "Consider" is the original document.
What's the XPath node set which is used as input to your transform? Does
"/" mean URI="#xpointer(/)" ?

If I'm right, your xpath expressions address nodes in the original
document, but the transforms result node set can only contain nodes which
have also been present in the input node set.

Christian