Re: Question for Implementors (Was: Schema Validation Transform)

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:18:48 +0100
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: XML Signature WG <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

Hi Joseph,

r/reagle@w3.org/2001.09.12/12:43:12
>Note, if the Signature is enveloped or enveloping, [XML] or [XML-schema]
>validation of the document might introduce changes that break the
>signature. Consequently, applications should be careful to consistently
>process the document or refrain from using external contributions (e.g.,
>defaults and entities).

Good to me, but it matters more whether the Signature has
same-document references. Enveloped and enveloping are a
subset of the cases.

Merin

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com