Re: Schema Contributions to C14N (Was: Suggested additions to 3.0 Processing Rules section)

"Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org> writes:

> At 19:43 7/12/2001, Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:
> > In speaking to Henry Thompson about this, he realized that the schema spec
> > doesn't provide this info as a normalized attribute value, only as a PSVI
> > normalized attribute value which XPath wouldn't see -- this is a bug meriting
> > an erratum most likely.

See other recent threads - it's not clear whether it's a bug or a feature.

> > I'm still thinking all this through, so it requires more
> > conversation. (Best yet, since XSV (schema validator) is written
> > in python, I'd like to see what kind of node set it returns and
> > what an XPath selection over it returns.)
>

> BTW: Short of playing with an implementation of a nodeset, XSV -r
> will return a reflection of the actual schema augmented
> Infoset. That reflection is a 2 meg file (for a simple 1 line XML
> document and 4 line schema document attached!)  with the following,
> which *seems* to report a default value normalized and schema
> normalized (as it should) despite what Henry said(?):
>

>             <normalizedValue>baz</normalizedValue>
>             <psv:schemaNormalizedValue>baz</psv:schemaNormalizedValue>

This _was_ a bug in XSV, in the sense of not conforming to the
spec. as written.  For some time now, you get

          <normalizedValue xsi:nil='true'/>
           . . .
          <psv:schemaNormalizedValue>baz</psv:schemaNormalizedValue>

from XSV -r.

ht