Re: How to multi-sign?

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:11:25 -0400
To: "john" (by way of Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>) <cmj@cht.com.tw>
cc: lde008@dma.isg.mot.com, XML Signature WG <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Hi,

Not sure why you see this as a problem.  For protocol type
applications, your protocol message can contain as many signature
elements as you need, each signing whatever data elements and/or other
signature elements that are appropriate. If you have a document
application where you want to put all the signatures inside the
document and have each sign the "whole" document, then each signature
needs appropriate transforms carving out at least itself and all
signatures to be added after it...

Donald