Re: C14N Argument

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:11:12 +0100
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Cc: "Dournaee, Blake" <bdournaee@rsasecurity.com>, "'John Boyer'" <JBoyer@PureEdge.com>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Another use for explicit c14n is after an XSLT transform
(whose output is an implementation-dependent stream).
Here, an explicit C14n transform is also necessary.

Merlin

r/dee3@torque.pothole.com/2001.07.25/23:47:47
>Hi,
>
>I think your argument works only for the default Canonical XML that
>strips comments. If you want to retain comments or to use Exclusive
>XML Canonicalization, or use some other canonicalization/serialization
>some place where you are going from a node set to an octet stream then
>you need to specify it explicitly.
>
>Donald
>
>From:  "Dournaee, Blake" <bdournaee@rsasecurity.com>
>[...]

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com