Re: AW: Poll: Limiting KeyValue to a single Instance?

LaMacchia wrote:
> I guess the bottom line problem is that KeyInfo has "grown up" and is/will
> be used in multiple specs, so perhaps what we really need is a general
> statement about the structure of KeyInfo/KeyValue and then a profile of
> that for use of KeyInfo/KeyValue in XMLDSIG.

I agree with this 100%.  The schema should remain flexible to accomodate
other uses and the DSIG spec should profile (and constrain) use of this data
structure.  This is what Joseph Reagle proposed, I thought.  There has been
no alternative schema suggested.  Would the text proposed for DSIG purposes
cause problems for XKMS or any other spec?