IPR Disclosure

From: Brachi, Nigel <NBrachi@shana.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:52:07 -0700
To: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization has Intellectual
Property claims regarding digital signatures.

Specifically, I am referring to US Patent # 6,028,938 entitled "Secure
electronic forms permitting layout revision".

This information was recently made public in the form of a media release on
22 January 2001, which reflects our intention to formally announce the
existence of the patent.

We have been an Affiliate Member of the W3C since mid-2000: it is worth
noting that this patent was originally applied for in December 1996, and has
been part of our product architecture since that time.

Sincerely,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Nigel Brachi
Corporate Communications

Shana Corporation
(780) 433-3690 ext. 2229 (phone)