RE: The changing DSIG name space

From: Petteri Stenius <Petteri.Stenius@done360.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:57:19 +0200
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

As an implementor I think it's possible to create implementations that are
backwards compatible, even using namespaces specifying the version of the
spec.

A problem might appear if I wanted to declare a XML Schema for some XML
document to support XML Signature specifications from both September and
July. This I think is better solved in the way for example XSLT defines it,
by using a mandatory version attribute on the root stylesheet element.

What I'm pointing out is that even within the W3C specifications there are
parallel methods of defining the version of a specification or draft that is
being used.

Petteri

--
Petteri Stenius                          Petteri.Stenius@done360.com
Done Information, Inc.                         Office +358-9-5259240