FYI: SignatureProperty and Signature Semantics

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:27:14 -0500
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

I've been occasionally tweaking my P3P/XML Signature proposal as a way of
fleshing out my understanding of the xmldsig spec's treatment of semantics
and such. I've updated the proposal to improve the association of a semantic
(like assures) with a signature -- knowing that this will also frequently be
defined by and/or implicit to the particular application using it. This
approach allows the semantic to be explicitly bound to the Signature via use
of SignatureProperty element and URI type. Comments are welcome:

http://www.w3.org/2000/12/xmldsig-p3p-profile/Overview.html#sec-Semantics

__