Re: DSAKeyValue text - inferring trust from just a PK

RE: DSAKeyValue text - inferring trust from just a PKOops, Daniel is right, I slipped and said...

> looking up the cert in a trusted public database

where of course the public trusted DB does not necessarily have to keep a PK cert, it is sufficient for it to keep a mapping between the Public Keys and the relevant properties (possibly identifications/names, possibly other properties).

Plus, of course, when I refer ot a public key certificate, it also is not necessarily a signature over one public key and an identifier... any signature that contains one or more public key and properties of them is a public key certificate from my point of view.

BTW, I lost track of how this discussion is relevant to DSIG.

Best Regards,

Amir Herzberg
CTO, NewGenPay
www.NewGenPay.com/Amir/Herzberg.htm