RE: Empty SignedInfo elements properly canonicalized in examples?

From: Jesse Pelton <jsp@PKC.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:09:54 -0400
To: "'Joseph M. Reagle Jr.'" <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
That makes sense for all examples except the two I cited. Since those are
examples of specifying a CanonicalizationMethod, shouldn't they be
represented using that method? It seems confusing to give examples that are
invalid. If I understand the spec correctly, you couldn't actually validate
the example in 2.1, which is represented as a (presumably correct) detached
signature of the content of the XHTML 1.0 recommendation.