RE: KeyName white space

While I understand the sentiment behind this proposal, I believe it
would be a mistake.  We have specified that KeyName is a String value
whose semantic meaning is defined solely by the sender & recipient.
It's a transport mechanism for a string, that's all -- any rules about
proper format, contents, etc., thus are application-specific.

I can all too easily envision, unfortunately, scenarios for KeyName
where automatically stripping off white space would break
interoperability.  Consider the case where the KeyName is actually a
filename telling the recipient where to look in a local key cache for
the verification key.  Filenames on many operating systems can have
spaces in them, including leading spaces.  Alternatively, suppose that
the value of KeyName was used as a database lookup key, and it was
space-padded to be of fixed length.

(Here's another example, although specific to Microsoft.  On Win32
platforms, it is likely that folks would use KeyName to store CryptoAPI
key container names.  Rules for container name validity are defined by
each algorithm implementation (crypto service provider -- CSP).  A
limitation like this could create all sorts of weird behaviors...)

Let's leave KeyName as just a string.

                    --bal