RE: Anonymous types in the DSig Schema

I finally got around to adding "Type" on the end of the complex types and
representing the changes in the spec [1]. With respect to the "FIXME"s.

1. Ok, xml declaration is now present.
2. 'FIXME, as is, minOccurs/maxOccurs of "choice" or "any" can be omitted'.
Are you saying it's redundant? I'm not sure: what I think we were saying is
you can have 0 or more elements (any 0:unbounded) from 0 or more namespaces
(choice 0:unbounded). I agree with you if we want to say every
SignatureProperty content should only have elements from a single namespace
-- which makes sense since people can use multiple SignatureProperties.
3. 'FIXME, HMACOutputLength is not referenced anywhere in this document'
It can be used in the SignatureMethod which has an open content model, but
to make it clear I changed SignatureMethod to:
    <complexType name="SignatureMethodType">
      <choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
        <element name="HMACOutputLength" type="ds:HMACOutputLengthType"/>
        <any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </choice>
      <attribute name="Algorithm" type="uriReference" use="required"/>
    </complexType>

Also, to give SignatureValue an ID, it is now:
    <complexType name="SignatureValueType">
      <simpleContent>
        <extension base="ds:CryptoBinary">
          <attribute name="Id" type="ID" use="optional"/>
        </extension>
      </simpleContent>
    </complexType>

[1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html
File: Overview.html     Status: Up-to-date
    Working revision:    1.8
    Repository revision: 1.8
    Existing Tags:
         release-schema-typed            (revision: 1.8)

At 12:37 11/8/2000 +0100, Karl Scheibelhofer wrote:
> > Sounds good. Which structures do you want this over? Are you looking for
> > somethign as simple as the following [1]. (BTW: If you just went
> > ahead and
> > tweaked the schema appropriately and proposed it (such that any
> > instance in
> > the old version is still valid in the new, that'd probably be the easiest
> > way to go).)
> >
> > [1] <element name="KeyValue" type="KeyValueType"/>
> >
> >    <complexType name="KeyValueType" mixed="true">
> >      <choice>
> >        <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
> >         minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >        <element ref="ds:DSAKeyValue"/>
> >        <element ref="ds:RSAKeyValue"/>
> >      </choice>
> >    </complexType>
>
>yes, this is exactly what i meant. this makes it easier for me to build my
>developments on the types defined in XML-Dsig. using named types, i can
>derive my types from the types defined by XML-Dsig using restriction.
>
>i attached a "xmldsig-core-schema" with named types in the style you showed
>in [1]. i inserted some "FIXME" comments, where i think that the original
>document can be "cleaner".
>i validated the schema, but i could not test it, because i do not have a
>parser that understands the new syntax of XML-Schema. but i already used
>named types with the 20000711 version successfully. it should work.
>
>best regards
>
>   Karl Scheibelhofer
>
>--
>
>Karl Scheibelhofer, <mailto:Karl.Scheibelhofer@iaik.at>
>Institute for Applied Information Processing and Communications (IAIK)
>at Technical University of Graz, Austria, http://www.iaik.at
>Phone: (+43) (316) 873-5540

__