Re: AW: AW: Signature Last Call Ends October 20th (and update to spec)

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:11:57 -0400
To: "Gregor Karlinger" <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "merlin" <merlin@baltimore.ie>, "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 10:04 10/19/2000 +0200, Gregor Karlinger wrote:
>thanks for adding IAIK to the interop matrix.

Ok, I've updated it based on your comments.

>I am not sure what "Feature: laxly valid enforcement of Signature element
>schema definition." means

I expect this to be the least rigorously enforced requirement in
implementations, but from the specifications point of view, this is how we
make the schema normative:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmldsig-core-20001012/#sec-Signature
4.1 The Signature element
The Signature element is the root element of an XML Signature. Signature
elements MUST be laxly schema valid [XML-schema] with respect to the
following schema definition.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000922/#cvc-elt-lax
Validation Contribution: Element Valid (Lax)
An element information item is laxly schema-valid if either
1.1     The item is strictly schema-valid as defined by Element Valid
(Strict) (3.3)
or
1.2.1   The [local name] and [namespace URI] does not resolve to an element
declaration, as defined by QName resolution (Instance) (3);
1.2.2   All the element information item [children] and [attributes] of the
item are laxly schema-valid, as defined by this constraint or Attribute
Valid (Lax) (3.2), respectively.

__