Re: Comments on XML-Signature S&P draft

At 16:32 10/5/2000 +0900, TAMURA Kent wrote:
>I still have strangeness.

Ok, thanks for staying with me on this, but I still feel we're not on the
same path.

>In your scenario, signature
>applications can not get correct meaning of a KeyInfo only from
>the KeyInfo itself.

Ok, let me restate the scenario:

Forget about KeyInfo for the time being.

In order for applications to do signature validation (3.2.2) it must use the
specified SignatureMethod algorithm identifier. Since that is part of
SignedInfo, and SignedInfo is potentially altered by CanonicalizeMethod
before it is signed, signature validation should see the canonicalized form
of the SignatureMethod algorithm identifier.

__