Re: Poll: RSA structure

From: <tgindin@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:06:02 -0400
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
cc: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
     It is my view, like Phill's, that there is no need to include the
digest algorithm outside the actual signature value for original RSA
signatures (RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5, or RFC 2313 compliant).  It is also my view,
however, that RSASSA-PSS signatures MUST have the digest algorithm included
independently, because the MGF functions require knowledge of which hash
algorithm is in use.

          Tom Gindin