From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 12:26:05 -0400
To: Doug Bunting <Doug@ariba.com>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Forwarded Text ----
 Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 22:56:10 -0700
 Hi Joseph,
 I omitted a response to one of the points in Doug's email when I responded.
 Could you please post this response:
 Regarding your comments about #implied, please see Section 3.3.2, which you
 BNF rule 60 (the only one in the section) defines DefaultDecl as #REQUIRED
 or #IMPLIED or #FIXED AttValue.
 The statement made in the c14n spec does not appear to be in error.
 Further, see Section 5.3 of the XPath spec, which discusses the
 non-existence of nodes to represent undeclared attributes that have been
 declared #IMPLIED by the DTD.
 John Boyer
End Forwarded Text ----