RE: From John Boyer

From: Doug Bunting <Doug@ariba.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:41:59 -0700
To: "'Lightning'" <lightning@pacificcoast.net>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: "'jboyer@PureEdge.com'" <jboyer@PureEdge.com>
Thanks, John, for all of your comments.  And, Joseph, for the logistics
support.

On this particular point, I wasn't attempting to point out an error.
Instead, the current paragraph implies something which may confuse readers.
The concept of a "default attribute" doesn't really need the extra "that
were not specified and not declared as #implied" text.  #REQUIRED attributes
must be specified.  #IMPLIED attributes must be specified to appear in the
Canonical form's node set.  Et cetera.

How about "... default attributes (attributes not specified in the document
but declared with an AttValue
<http://www.xml.com/axml/target.html#NT-AttValue>) in the DTD)"?  "in the
document" and "in the DTD" may not be necessary.

thanx,
	doug