RE: Comments on last call draft

From: John Boyer <jboyer@PureEdge.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:11:58 -0800
To: "TAMURA Kent" <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>, "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
This is only true for required-to-implement features.

Recommended and optional features already sacrifice a certain amount of
global interoperability.

If we follow your advice to the end, it means that we cannot sign XML at
all, in whole or in part, because we cannot count on attribute order going
from tool to tool, which will break signatures signatures unless full c14n
is required or, at the very least, lex order XPath serialization.

John Boyer
Software Development Manager
PureEdge Solutions, Inc. (formerly UWI.Com)
jboyer@PureEdge.com