Comments on 28022000 draft: URI/IDREF

From: Gregor Karlinger <Gregor.Karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:55:44 +0100
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, ML W3C XML-Signature <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Section 2.0, last paragraph holds the following sentence:

  Within an XML document, signatures are related to data
  objects via IDREFs [XML] ...

I think this has forgotten to be changed as we have moved over
to the "clean" URI solution.

However, if the sentence is there intentionally, I suggest to
add some clarification that the mechanism does not work with
an explicit IDREF attribute but with a URI's fragment identifier.

Gregor

Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
Austria