Re: KeyInfo->KeyValue

From: Gregor Karlinger <Gregor.Karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:32:02 +0100
To: ML W3C XML-Signature <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Hello Joseph,

I think my problem of understanding this matter is also related to my
misinterpretation of the (#PCDATA) content model.

KeyValue is declared as

  <!ELEMENT KeyValue (#PCDATA) >

which allows the instance example I have given in my article:

  <KeyInfo>
    <KeyValue>
      <DSAKeyValue>
        <P> ... </P>
        <Q> ... </Q>
        <G> ... </G>
        <Y> ... </Y>
      </DSAKeyValue>
    </KeyValue>
  </KeyInfo>

But maybe we could clarify the intended meaning of KeyValue, as you already
suggested in your answer to my Object DTD article:

  <!ELEMENT KeyValue  ((#PCDATA | DSAKeyValue | RSAKeyValue )*) >

Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
Austria