W3C XML Canonicalization -- must read

From: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:28:01 -0500
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
During today's meeting, Jim Schaad and I said we would write up
the XML DSIG group's response to the request for comments regarding
the W3C XML Canonicalization draft.

Two areas we know we need to explore are the octet representation
of characters (eg. the character model) and what XML canonicalization
means with respect to document fragments such as that returned by
an XPath expression.

If you have an issue other than these two or would like to detail
your views about the two issues just mentioned, please send a note
to "w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org" with the word "canonicalization" in
the subject before February 2.

Regards, Ed