Re: Signature definitions

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:38:55 -0500
To: Gregor.Karlinger@iaik.at
Cc: John Boyer <jboyer@uwi.com>, DSig Group <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 12:03 00/01/11 +0100, Gregor Karlinger wrote:
 >As an alternative approach, consider to label the types which a data entity
 >to be signed could have, in relation to its signature:

Gregor, thanks for the comment. I sort of tried this approach when I
realized the qualifier was sometimes referring to the signature, and
sometimes to the data.  However, it ended up leading to rather awkward
grammatical constructs in the sentences of the spec.

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/