Re: Difficulties with URI="" and IDREF

From: Gregor Karlinger <Gregor.Karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 11:45:26 +0100
To: Andreas Schmidt <aschmidt@darmstadt.gmd.de>
Andreas Schmidt wrote:

>> URI="" must be used in conjunction with either IDREF or an XPath transform.

> Either that or it is core behavior to omit the contents of
> SignatureValue in
> that case.

I think it should be clear that in this case an additional XPath transform
has to be applied to exclude the Signature. I don't think it is necessary to
state this as core behaviour.

> Btw two minor editing points:
>
> 1. sec. 2.3 defines URI/IDREF as exclusive alternatives
>
>    <Reference (URI=|IDREF=)? Type=?>
>
> in contrast to sec. 3.3.3

I don't see a contradiction here. In [1], sec. 3.3.3. you can find:

"The URI/IDREF attribute identifies a data object using a URI [URI] or IDREF [XML]."
                                                                    ^^

[1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/WD-xmldsig-core-20000104/
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at