Fwd: Acknowledged Submission: XML Japanese Profile

Dear XML Dsig WG,

The W3C has received a submission that we think is relevant for
digital signatures. As mentioned in the W3C staff comment, I'm
herewith bringing this submission to the attention of this WG.

As pointed out, bringing this submission to the attention of
the WG does not imply any particular commitment from W3C
or from the WG. However, I think the submission can serve as
a very clear and detailled documentation of the kind of problems
that can appear when converting from legacy encodings to Unicode/
ISO 10646. These problems are rather minor when it's just a
question of looking at a page, but in the context of digital
signatures, they can be quite serious. Pointing to the submission
as an example when discussing such conversion problems as requested
in the I18N WG/IG last call comments may be a good idea.

Regards,   Martin.