  From: w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Jim Schaad (Exchange)
  Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 3:10 PM
  To: 'Solo, David'; marcnarc@xcert.com; w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
  Subject: RE: Omitting Location and Transforms from SignedInfo

  I don't like this because I can't possibly know how to implement it.

  How does a program know if something is of the correct form?  How do I
know what transformations have or have not been applied to the object since
the last time I dereferenced it.  (For example that document on the web site
was base64 encoded and now is not.)

  jim