RE: Omitting Location and Transforms from SignedInfo

I don't like this because I can't possibly know how to implement it.

How does a program know if something is of the correct form?  How do I know
what transformations have or have not been applied to the object since the
last time I dereferenced it.  (For example that document on the web site was
base64 encoded and now is not.)

jim