Re: ObjectReference shouldn't be signed, was RE: Location

From: Peter Lipp <Peter.Lipp@iaik.at>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:33:38 -0500
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, <rhimes@nmcourt.fed.us>
Cc: <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
> We didn't freeze them, they are frozen by definition: if someone
> uses a URL, that is an assertion that

I believe that we seem to get into a "authenticated" versus
"nonauthenticated attributes" kind of discussion. Some in this WG wanted to
avoid having that feature (and I never got to understand why, besides that
it came from lessons learned elsewhere). Being able to chose where to put
things is a way to solve that even if we don't call it that way, but does
this make a difference?

Peter