Re:AW: AW: ObjectReference shouldn't be signed, was RE: Loca

From: <rhimes@nmcourt.fed.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:10:26 -0700
To: <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

>>The simplest example is a changing URL.

>I know that example, but that happens so rarely that I would consider it
>appropriate to resign.

Peter,

I don't think we should assume that there is one or a few signers of a set of
documents under a URL domain, nor that the signers are readily available for
re-signing.  Also, URLs change frequently on the web.  I suspect that once we
have proliferation of XML signatures, the problem will be at least as common.

Thanks,
Rich