RE: Null Canonicalization Algorithm

From: <david.solo@citicorp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:24:55 -0400
TO: jimsch@EXCHANGE.MICROSOFT.com, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
At least at the moment, we still have two c14n algorithms, one for signedInfo
and one for objects.  I agree with your statement as it applies to objects; but
I'm not sure about it for SignedInfo.   In SignedInfo, the c14n alg is
mandatory, so you'd need a NULL alg ID if you wanted to sign the data as
transmitted.   I'd suggest leaving the alg ID there until we resolve the
question about fixing the SignedInfo c14n alg.