RE: Comments on core-991001

My worry is less about Alg than c14n.

> >7.  Section 4.3.1 - I know that we were one of the people
> who wanted to make
> >the location optional.  What we had in mind was the
> following statement:
> >"If the location is omitted, then the content being signed
> is the first
> >Object in the immeadiate surrounding Signature."
>
> Do you mean "... in the element immediately surrounding the
> Signature."?

No, I mean the immeadiate surrounding Signature

<Signature>
  <SigInfo/>
  <SignatureValue/>
  <Object/>
<Signature/>

The location in the SigInfo references the object in the Signature block.

> >12.  Please remove references to AES algorithms.  There will
> be a block
> >cipher finalist bext year and there is no hash yet. .
>
> I think there should be a note saying we expect these things to come
> along but not table entries for them.

Why do we even make that statement?  We should just update the RFC when and
if they come out.  I see no benifits in saying it will be coming, there are
a large number of things that I see as coming that are not listed.  How does
the fact they they are coming change this specification?