Re: Comments on core-991001

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 13:57:27 -0400
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>, "Barbara Fox" <bfox@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Cc: "W3c-Ietf-Xmldsig (E-mail)" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 09:07 99/10/06 -0400, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd wrote:
 >Participants in this working group are reminded that 'Working group
 >members must disclose intellectual properties "that are reasonably and
 >personally known" to be relevant to this WG in accordance with IETF
 >and W3C procedure; including notice and disclosure of such information
 >to the WG, and the IETF Executive Director.' (from the IETF XMLDSIG
 >charter).

To this end, I've added a patent disclosure page [1] (which I've been
meaning to do).

__

[1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Disclosures.html

   The following disclosures have been made by members of the WG as
   [5]requested by the Chairs and required by [6]IETF and [7]W3C
   procedure. Copyright issues are covered by the [8]WG Contributor
   Policies.

   [9]Scott McLeod. FactPoint: [10]Disclosure of IPR that "might" be
          relevant  ([11]Subsequent clarification.)
          "... We have intellectual property rights which may be related
          to the signing of HTML and XML documents...."

   [12]Chris Smithies. PenOp: [13]PenOp IPR disclosure.
          "... To the best of my knowledge, my organization owns many
          intellectual property claims regarding the signing of
          electronic data, including XML documents..."

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/