RE: draft resulting from 990930 call

From: Greg Whitehead <gwhitehead@signio.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:38:53 -0700
To: IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
>4.3.3 Transformations

Are transformations to be applied in the order specified?

>If the Transformations element is omitted,
>the only operation performed is the default
>c14n algorithm (null or identity).

Am I correct in reading this as "the spec will eventually define a default
c14n algorithm, which will be either null or identity"?

I assume this same default will apply to SignedInfo when its c14nAlg is
omitted? If so, language should be added to sec 4.0 or 4.1.

Greg Whitehead
Chief Scientist
Signio, Inc.
1600 Bridge Parkway, Suite 201