RE: draft resulting from 990930 call

From: Greg Whitehead <gwhitehead@signio.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:38:53 -0700
To: IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
>4.3.3 Transformations

Are transformations to be applied in the order specified?

>If the Transformations element is omitted,
>the only operation performed is the default
>c14n algorithm (null or identity).

Am I correct in reading this as "the spec will eventually define a default
c14n algorithm, which will be either null or identity"?

I assume this same default will apply to SignedInfo when its c14nAlg is
omitted? If so, language should be added to sec 4.0 or 4.1.

-Greg

--
Greg Whitehead
Chief Scientist