RE: XHASH / DOMHASH

Greg,

XHASH is an XML C14N algorithm experimented at Globeset. It has been
inspired by IBM DOMHASH but processes each element without recursive
hashing. In other words, each element is canonicalized in a way very similar
to DOMHASH but the result is fed directly into a hash algorithm. Unlike
DOMHASH, end tags are also canonicalized.

However, considering current work in the C14N WG, Globeset will not promote
XHASH any longer and will adopt the standard specifications to be shortly
proposed by this WG.

Sincerely,

Richard D. Brown
Chief Software Architect - R&D