AW: Input

From: Peter Lipp <Peter.Lipp@iaik.at>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:57:54 +0200
To: "W3c-Ietf-Xmldsig@W3. Org" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
> I thought I had understood, but the more I think about it  the less I do:
> what do we need that for in the first place? To save some space for some
> apps that tend to manipulate and store these things in different
> forms (DOM) only? Couldn't they simply save the original data somewhere?
Just to add: I do NOT have a problem understanding canonicalization required
by different character-sets, different line-breaks, and things like that.
Obviously necessary as we are talking about text-based documents. I was just
wondering if anything beyond that was really an requirement (like pulling in
external stuff).

Looking at DOMHASH, this doesn't adress any of these basic canonicalization
issues (just mentioning it). Am I missing something here?

Peter