RE: comments on 990806 Requirements Doc

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:00:30 -0400
To: "John Boyer" <jboyer@uwi.com>
Cc: <dee3@us.ibm.com>, "Richard D. Brown" <rdbrown@Globeset.com>, "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 13:30 99/08/17 -0700, John Boyer wrote:
 >[Comments to an email from  Don, that hasn't yet made it to the list.]
 >
 >At 13:21 99/08/17 -0400, dee3@us.ibm.com wrote:
 > >2.2:  Suggest changing "The manifest includes..." to "The manifest must
 > >support..." so as to permit other types of manifest.
 >
 >Manifests that don't use URIs? If so, what would be the example?
>
 ><John> For example, having the signature directly sign the data by
 >enveloping the data inside of the manifest. </John>

Ok, I've included to Don's suggest text. The resulting document is at [1]
and will be officially published tomorrow. Then I'll update the ietf-draft
and push this out to W3C chairs and XML plenary and start twisting arms to
get commitments for review once we have a draft we are fairly comfortable
with.

[1] http://www.w3.org/1999/08/xmldsig-requirements-990820.html

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/