progress on WebDAV BIND, was: I-D Action:draft-ietf-webdav-bind-26.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:14:53 +0100
To: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
CC: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Lisa Dusseault <lisa.dusseault@gmail.com>
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the draft below contains the example for locking behavior in presence of
> multiple bindings, as proposed a few days ago.
>
> At this point I'd like to ask those who still have concerns with the
> specification to verify that the example given matches the locking
> semantics in RFC 4918.
>
> If it does not, we'll need to do more work. If if does, then it appears
> that Appendix A is indeed a clarification of RFC 4918, nothing more.
>
> BR, Julian

In the meantime I had a conversation with our AD, trying to identify
what's left to do. We identified three issues:

1) copying-complex-loops
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html#issue.copying-complex-loops>)

2) bind-vs-hierarchy
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html#issue.bind-vs-hierarchy>)

3) locking2
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html#issue.locking2>)

I'll address the individual issues in separate mails.

Best regards, Julian