Re: I-D Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-05.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:13:55 +0100
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
CC: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>, Atom-syntax Syntax' <atom-syntax@imc.org>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> Putting something under version control really doesn't mean anything
> beyond having multiple versions of the resource.
> There are of course a variety of other features supported by many
> versioning servers, but having a version history is the lowest common
> denominator.
>
> So yes, this draft would apply to the case you describe, as long as
> multiple separately addressable versions of the resource are provided.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

Agreed.

At least for the link relations that support the navigation between
versions it really doesn't matter whether internally a version control
system was used. (For the working-copy related relations things may be
different because they somehow imply authorability of a resource).

Best regards, Julian