Re: (Opposite of working-copy?) Comment on draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:17:35 +0100
To: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>
CC: Atom-syntax Syntax' <atom-syntax@imc.org>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, Al Brown <albertcbrown@us.ibm.com>
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Jan Algermissen wrote:
>> Julian,
>>
>> what is your opinion regarding the introduction of a link relation
>> that is the opposite of working-copy in order to being able to find
>> the versioned resource that the working copy I have is a working copy of?
>>
>> I am undecided regarding the necessity, but without a working-copy-of
>> relation it seems the client would need to maintain that information
>> (the relationship or the fact that a given resource is a working copy)
>> across requests.
>>
>> I do not think this is really I-D publication relevant right now,
>> please understand it only as a side comment.
>
> I have no problems adding this; the reason it hasn't been proposed was
> that apparently CMIS didn't have a use case for it.
>
> Al, any opinion on this from a CMIS point of view?

OK, I have added working-copy-of, and plan to submit the current draft
(also including the other changes we discussed) as
draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-04 later today.

A marked up version with diffs is available at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-latest.html>,
feedback appreciated.

Best regards, Julian