Re: Comments on Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:19:32 -0500
To: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>
Cc: "Atom-syntax Syntax'" <atom-syntax@imc.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
Note that versioning servers without working copies often still require a
checkout/checkin protocol.
The "checkout" method is used as a notification to other users that this
client is working on that resource.
The "checkin" method is used to tell the server "I want you to create a
new version with the current content" (while a PUT just updates the
current content without creating a new version).

Cheers,
Geoff