IANA Considerations, was: [VCARDDAV] vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav,mkcol}

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:46:07 +0100
To: vcarddav@ietf.org, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Marc Blanchet wrote:
> Hi,
>  This is the working group last call for the following two documents:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-05
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-03
> Please provide any comments to the wg mailing list
> (mailto:vcarddav@ietf.org) by March 9th 2009, 23h00 GMT.
> Regards,
>  Marc and Kurt, vcarddav wg chairs

A few comments with respect to the IANA Considerations

1) The references style, as in

   "... defined by RFC4918 [RFC4918] for ..."

looks a bit weird (artifact from a time when this document used numeric

2) The statement:

    "All other IANA considerations mentioned in RFC4918 [RFC4918] also
    apply to this document."

is very misleading; RFC 4918's IANA Considerations talk about URI scheme
registrations, HTTP header registrations, and HTTP status code
registrations. None of this is relevant to CardDAV, so just drop the

3) I also found the statement below confusing:

   "XML: None.  Namespace URIs do not represent an XML specification."

Proposal: just state:

   "XML: None - not applicable for namespace registrations".

BR, Julian