XMLHttpRequest in IE7 with REPORT method

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:37:56 -0400
To: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi,
Has anyone tried using XMLHttpRequest in IE7 to do WebDAV operations?
Specifically we are finding that the REPORT method seems to fail on the
.open() call (same thing for CalDAV's MKCALENDAR). PROPFIND works fine. Any
ideas on whether REPORT can be made to work?

We have also tried using the Msxml2.XMLHTTP ActiveX object. Whilst that
seems to accept REPORT as a valid method, it fails with digest
authentication (basic works). What we see is that it makes an
unauthenticated requests and gets back a 401 with the digest challenge, but
then it makes another unauthenticated request and fails (instead of sending
the digest response). Basic authentication works as does digest with
PROPFIND. Any ideas what might be up?

Is there any other way in IE7 to make WebDAV REPORT requests that will work?

--
Cyrus Daboo