Re: Relationship between BIND and RFC 3253

Point 1 is correct.

But wrt point 2, RFC3243 does provide a way to reinstate a version
history, by specifying a Version in the body of a VERSION-CONTROL request.
 Also note that a BIND request would not provide a way to reinstate a
version history, because reinstating a version history is done by creating
a new version-controlled resource whose VERSION-HISTORY property
identifies that version history (and this cannot be done via a BIND
operation).