webdav with ssl and kerberos

From: Adam Wead <awead@indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:24:59 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hello all,

I have a question for the collective wisdom.  I've looked around for
solutions to this problem, but haven't found definitive answers, so I
thought I'd address it here.  I'm sure it's been answered before, so
my apologies for asking it again... I'd be happy if you can point me
to some online literature, if that's available.

Question:

Is it possible to configure apache so you can access the same
directory with WebDAV, via SSL and kerberos, and regular http?

I'm exploring the possibility of using WebDAV for our website
development.  The issue is we use the same server for production and
development.  So, you'd need to need to access the same files via
http and https, except the https url would route you through WebDAV
and http wouldn't.

I'm sure people are doing this, but I'm curious if there are any
"standard practices" involving such a setup.

Any advice on existing literature, printed or electronic, for such
practices would be very much appreciated.

thanks for your time.

best,
....adam

Adam Wead
Computer Manager and Systems Administrator
Cook Music Library and Jacobs School of Music
Indiana University