Re: webdav with ssl and kerberos

From: Tim Olsen <tim@brooklynpenguin.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:14:23 -0500
To: Adam Wead <awead@indiana.edu>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:24:59 -0500
Adam Wead <awead@indiana.edu> wrote:
> I'm exploring the possibility of using WebDAV for our website
> development.  The issue is we use the same server for production and
> development.  So, you'd need to need to access the same files via
> http and https, except the https url would route you through WebDAV
> and http wouldn't.

You can achieve this by using the LimitExcept configuration directive
inside your http configuration.  The subversion manual has an example
here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz.blanket

The http and https would both go through WebDAV, but you can limit
which http/webdav methods are allowed in http using LimitExcept.

Cheers,
Tim