Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:58:21 +0100
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
CC: Manfred Baedke <manfred.baedke@greenbytes.de>, Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, ietf@ietf.org, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Cullen Jennings schrieb:

> Julian's draft has been around for a very long time and I think that you
> have suggested we just adopt it before so the WG certainly has been
> aware of this option. The bulk of this draft has been available to the
> WG for many months if not years and the WG did choose to use text out of
> parts of this draft.
>
> The WG has almost no people in it at this point and very little energy
> to do any work. What you are proposing here is that  we could toss out
> the current work,  and start over with a new individual contributor
> document as the base document. At the peak of the WGs productivity, I
> would estimate this would take about two years not two months to get to
> WGLC. At the current rate of progress I would have to expect
> significantly longer.
>
> Cullen <with my WebDav WG chair hat on>

Cullen,

the only reason why "my" draft doesn't contain resolutions for all
(instead of many) open issues is that at some point of time, it didn't
seem to matter anymore, as the proposals basically were ignored by you
and the editor. Should this change, I could and would finish it.

BTW: it seems that you don't consider Geoff or Manfred to be part of the
WG. I'd really like to understand how one could come to that point of
view (I'll remind everybody that Geoff is one of the authors of many
WebDAV RFCs, and that Manfred has offered a complete rewrite of the
locking sections a few months ago).

Best regards,

Julian