Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard

Julian's draft has been around for a very long time and I think that
you have suggested we just adopt it before so the WG certainly has
been aware of this option. The bulk of this draft has been available
to the WG for many months if not years and the WG did choose to use
text out of parts of this draft.

The WG has almost no people in it at this point and very little
energy to do any work. What you are proposing here is that  we could
toss out the current work,  and start over with a new individual
contributor document as the base document. At the peak of the WGs
productivity, I would estimate this would take about two years not
two months to get to WGLC. At the current rate of progress I would
have to expect significantly longer.

Cullen <with my WebDav WG chair hat on>